Put to the Question

Answer or go on the Rack!

Friday, June 6, 2008

#4 - Witness Protection



The other night I watched the first episode of a new USA show called In Plain Sight. Mary McCormack plays a US Marshall responsible for people in Witness Protection.

I have to admit; that's always been a fantasy of mine; to just up and leave, to start over. Of course, it would be impossible to do that, with friends and loved ones left behind, but what if I witnessed a horrific mafia crime?

How heroic would I be if I stepped up to the plate and testified at trial, only to disappear into the night right after, to start a new life somewhere else?

It's pretty tempting.

Am I alone? My question to you is: have you ever fantasized about Witness Protection? Would you like to have the government move you secretly, give you a new name and identity, in a new place where no one knew who you were? Is that something you would do? Even consider? Or am I just weird?



Answer the Question or you'll be PUT TO THE QUESTION!
Hyperion, 6:27 AM

4 Comments:

You're not weird. Well, you're weird but not in relation to this. I think there are times when we all want to go into hiding for a little while. I know that I wouldn't want to walk away from my life forever. There are too many people I would miss.
Blogger Dragon, at June 6, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
It's a Wonderful Life
Anonymous Anonymous, at June 6, 2008 at 12:26 PM  
Dragon - Come on, admit it; you have always wanted to be a hairdresser in Dallas.

Bear - You're just a sissy because you have a twin and a new wife to shag.
Blogger Hyperion, at June 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM  
...

(still thinking about boobs. as per my instructions)

...
...

What was the question again? Oh yeah. Witness protection. I think the severing of ties with all of your family and friends, not to mention all the additional risk you put them in after your disappearance (you think those Colombian guys are just going to ask your mom politely if she's heard from you?).

Nope, I like my life. Someone else can whistle-blowon my behalf.

Peace
Ajax
Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

Add a comment